Our staff members are a diverse group of individuals with a wide range of skills and expertise. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of veterans, service members and their families.
Resident Staff: Our mission was the veterans would assist and never leave anyone behind. It is amazing to watch them mentor and help the others in their homes.
*Ed *Dan *Bob *Jeff *Gary *John *Anton
Melony Butler, Chair/Director
Melony Butler is a proud military wife to MSG Blaine Butler. They reside in Staples, Minnesota with their 9 year old son Preston. Her three adult sons all serve in the Minnesota National Guard. Her family has gone through four deployments during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. They have five grandchildren. Melony has been on a mission for many years advocating and helping veterans. She has been a Family Readiness Leader for 14 years, volunteers every year at the Great Falls, MT Vets 4 Vets Stand Down. She also speaks on supporting soldiers and families throughout the communities.
Melony has experience in the private sector in sales and marketing, management, retail, and health and fitness. Melony is on a mission that began four years ago when the VA Hospital said they had no room for her son while he was suffering from PTSD. She subsequently enrolled in school to achieve a Degree in Psychology with the intention of opening a facility to help heal soldiers, veterans, and families. The need was too great to wait until fall when she achieves her degree, so she began creating the Nest. She states,
“We will build the Nest one branch at a time until it is complete! A place to call home and a place to Heal with Honor!”
Cathy Pounds, CFO
Cathy is married to Justin Pounds and they reside outside Becker, MN. She is the proud mother of Samantha and Wyatt. Her and her husband own and operate JC performance and Repair. Cathy is also employed by the City of Becker and also works for an Accounting and Tax business in Clearlake during tax season. She is also a Creative Memories Consultant.
- During her free time she enjoys watching the many activities her children participate in school and the community.
- She enjoys riding horses an motorcycles.
- Helping others create memory books and journey books is something she treasures.
- Cathy’s father and father-in-law both served our great nation.
Jane Spaude, Office Mgr./Fundraising
- Born and raised in St. Cloud, MN. Graduated from St. Cloud Tech High School.
- Worked for a independent telephone directory publisher, a barn straightening company, Owner of a wildlife art gallery, then finished out my career working for St. Cloud State University. Retired in April 2014.
- Volunteer for Freedom Flight Hot Air Balloon Team, Office Manager/Fundraiser for Eagle’s Healing Nest, a 3-year election judge, was a delegate to St. Cloud Trades and Labor Assembly, 4 year Salvation Army bell-ringer.
Heather A. Stephens, Events/Fundraising
Heather (Spaude) Stephens was born on June 18, 1971 in St. Cloud, Minnesota. She lived in St. Cloud her entire life until marrying Jack Stephens in April of 2003 then moved 50 miles east to Brunswick Township.
- She is a graduate of Tech High School and earned her Associate of Arts Degree at St. Cloud State University.
- She joined a major county Sheriff’s Office nearly twenty years ago and works as a supervisor. Heather is a certified Crisis Intervention Instructor and a Crisis Intervention for Veterans Instructor. She teaches theses classes to many police and Sheriff’s Office employees throughout the State of Minnesota.
- Heather is an accomplished Trap Shooter, participating in the sport since she was thirteen. Over the years, she has won many state titles and numerous trophies and awards. Her team members and opponents have great respect for her and her shooting abilities.
- Heather is a certified Youth Minister and an active participant at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Brunswick where she is a confirmation teacher.
- She and her husband Jack discovered the Eagle’s Healing Nest in the summer of 2013 while on a motorcycle ride. They have been volunteering at the Eagle’s Nest in many ways including organizing and working the annual “Nest Fest” fundraiser and of course Heather continues to raise funds for the “Nest.”
Wendy Van Ruler, Office Asst.
Tom Anderson, Natural Health Coordinator
Samantha Horn, LPN
Chris Senger, Project Mgr.
Chris Senger resides in Sauk Centre, MN. Chris retired as a full-time member of the Minnesota Army National Guard as a Sergeant First Class after serving over 30 years. During his years of service, he participated in a tour to Bosnia and two tours into Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star. Chris is a current VFW Commander, a past American Legion Commander, Commander of the American Legion Riders Club and was awarded the Civil Servant of the Year for Minnesota, twice.
- Chris helped open the doors to the Nest and continues his daily involvement with this fine organization helping it grow; he also serves as its Project Manager.
- Chris has a son named CJ. CJ followed in his Dad’s footsteps and also serves his country.
Bruce Sobotta, Maintenance/Grounds Keeper
Maintaining 124 acres of grounds and keeping it beautiful keeps Bruce busy. Everything from keeping the lawns mowed beautiful, trees trimmed to being jack- of -all trades to ensure all is in working order.